Registration will be held at Glencairn Farm. Registration will open at 15:00 on Friday afternoon and close at 20:00. You will receive your race packs, tent numbers and your village band will be fitted. Dinner will be available to all runners. If you are coming up early Saturday you can register from 5:30am.
HOW TO GET TO GLENCAIRN FARM
- From JHB or DBN take the N3 to Howick / Merrivale area. (near Midmar dam)
- At Merrivale take the R617 Howick / Underberg turnoff (the sign says Bulwer / Underberg) R617.
- Travel through Boston and Bulwer on the R617.
- From Bulwer proceed for approximately 40km to Underberg.
- Travel into Underberg
- In Underberg Main Street at the Shell garage take the road to Himeville.
- Travel for 8.3 km passing through the village of Himeville.
- Turn left up the Sani Pass road. (2km after Himeville)
- Travel for 3.2km
- Arrive at Glencairn Farm on your left.
- GPS of Glencairn Farm: 29*42’03.81S ; 29*29’29.29E
DAY 1 RACE BRIEFING
Friday night at 18:30
DAY 2 RACE BRIEFING
Saturday night at 18:00
It is recommended that all runners attend the race briefing prior to each stage. Final essential information regarding the route, weather prediction, safety and other housekeeping is relayed to runners.
Each runner will be given a four-person tent (2.5m x 2.5m) all for themselves with a comfortable mattress. You will be required to bring your own sleeping bag and pillow.
Should you wish to not camp in the race village you can book accommodation anywhere in or around Himeville, Sani Pass or Underberg. See below for some options in the area.
Dieu Donne Cottage
(Glencairn Trail Run Landowners)
Phone: 0337021606 / 0731431488
Dinner – 18:00
Route briefing – 18:30
Breakfast – 5:30
Time to start batching – 6:30
Start – 7:00
Lunch – 12:00
Supper – 17:30
Route briefing – 18:00
Live bands and time to “squeak some tekkie” – 19:00 onwards
Start batching – 6:30
Start – 7:00
Prize giving – 10:00
WHAT TO BRING
- Sleeping bag
- Running clothes for two days
- Casual clothes (it gets cold!)
- Cash (bar & physio – nearest ATM 5.2kms away)
- Credit card – medical emergencies
- Chargers (please label)
- Toiletries (including sunblock)
- Great attitude
- Passport – If you plan on going to the top of Sani Pass during the weekend
- Download full packing list here
Day 1 you will self-batch yourselves. Day 2’s batch will all depend on your Day 1 performance. Should you wish to run with your friends you are welcome to move down into their batch. They cannot move up into yours.
Claire Fuller Physiotherapy will be providing qualified Physiotherapy to runners for massages or any injury treatments.
Sessions are R370 per runner per session
Please email email@example.com to pre- book sessions.
Sessions are all with a qualified Physiotherapist
Each session is 1hour
• 30 minutes hands on (massages, spinal mobilization, dry needling, strapping and specific rehab advice),
• 15 minutes Bemer blanket
• 15 minute compulsory stretch and foam rolling area.
The rehab area will be available for all entered runners to use for the weekend.
Depending on demand we will have an airport shuttle run by Clouds of Hope, an orphanage in Underberg.
It will leave Durban International Airport (King Shaka) at 14:00 on Friday and return on Sunday. Flights from Durban airport on Sunday need to be booked for after 15:00. The shuttle will plan to leave Glencairn Farm at 11:30.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to make your booking. Price to still be confirmed.